Screw-In Ice Studs Best-Grip Best-Grip 1800S Tempered
Screw-in ice stud with a fast and easy installation and removal. An innovative product designed from a simple idea that will revolutionize and simplify any difficult situation underfoot. Ice Studs for winter-summer tires.
Stud Penetration Into The Rubber: 14mm
Minimum Thread: 11.5mm
Tip Size: 1.6mm
Interlocking Key Adapter: Cod. 4700S
Manual Handle: Cod. 5000
Motorbikes on Ice
Minimum Thread: 11mm
Minimum Quantity in Every Wheel: 30
Front Tire Without Drive
Bestgrip studs have the ability to be installed into any new or used tire, track or shoe whether or not these have stud holes or locations. Normal, off road or snow tires can be used, if ground conditions become slippery and endanger personal safety it is not necessary to use specialistst to install Bestgrip studs. This can be done by the consumer with simple, fast and economical equipment. Tires or shoes will immediately have an enhanced level of safety and security. The studs may be removed equally easily when not required and reinstalled again in the future. It is possible to choose and vary the number of studs that are inserted into the tire, or shoe to suit specific needs and applications.
Choice of the Threaded Stud
The protrusion of the stud from the tire, its prominence, controls where it can be normally used (competitions, off road, road, etc..). We recommend using studs with less prominence in areas governed by Road Regulations, while on private areas studs of a greater prominence can be used.
In either case, always use all of the available rubber in the thread available where possible to provide the best support and retention of the studs. Add the depth of the thread to the carcass cover thickness as follows: For road tires add 2mm, for snow tires or cleated threads add 3mm. in tires for trucks up to 35 quintals, add 5mm, in the tires for trucks over 35 quintals, add 7mm. The total of the thread and the carcass cover is the available rubber for the stud to penetrate (see table).
For the Best performance
Do not use with soft tires such as those used in competition since they tend to disintegrate and loose the studs. There is no need to remove studs that are already installed in a traditional studded tire but you can replace them as and when needed with Bestgrip’s studs. You can put the Bestgrip studs into the manufacturer’s provided hole (and that took the studs above) or between the thread slots, but the optimal situation in each condition is done by mounting the studs in full, in the recommended way, it isn’t necessary to use glues.
Disposition of the Studs on the Tires
1. Install the studs in a regular pattern around the circumference of the tire.
2. Do not install studs in a line but in a regular manner around the complete circumference of the tire.
3. If the tire is also used on roads without snow or ice it is better to install studs along the shoulders of the front tires to maintain steering.
Stud Installation (See Foto)
1. Place the head of the stud in the head of the installation tool.
2. Place the tip of the screwed end of the stud on the surface of the tire in the marked location.
3. Applying steady force at right angles to the tire screw very slowly into place.
4. Tighten only until the head of the stud touches the surface of the tire.
1. If the stud is tightened too much by mistake leave it in place and not unscrew it to get the correct position.
2. Check the studs every 1800S Tempered km / 500 miles and if necessary retighten them.
3. Do not continue to tighten after the head of the stud touches the surface of the tire / shoe otherwise the screwed portion of the stud will rip out the rubber seat of the nail. The nail will be then not work properly, will bend and tend to come free.
4. Do not fit snow chains id the studs protrude more than 3mm from the tire.
FOR ANY DOUBTS DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT US TO RECEIVE A TAILOR-MADE ADVICE.
Choice of the Threaded Stud